Blackburn Mars 4.0 Battery life?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

gaz

Cycle Camera TV
any blackburn mars 4.0 owners experiencing low battery life?

I'm getting 5hours on flashing with 1000mAh batteries :evil:

Only 5hours on flash! Asking the obvious - have you tried some other batteries? Maybe they aren't fully recharging or your charger's not right.

redjedi

Über Member
I use a Mars 3.0 and get months out of the batteries, but I don't use re-chargeable. I've changed the batteries probably twice in the past year.

bad boy

Über Member
I change the batteries on my mars 3 once a month when its on for an hour a day flashing, I suspect this is purely a battery thing rather that the light itself perhaps just try some normal AA's and see how they fare in comparison ?.

TWBNK

I had a poor show from mine when I first put my re-chargeables in. If I keep getting poor life I will just charge them every time I charge my ayups.
Strangely the batteries are the same as in the other half's mars 3 which I only need to charge up once in a blue moon.

Kestevan

Last of the Summer Winos
Can't say I've noticed a problem, but I'm not using rechargables.
Having said that, not really done the mileage since I got the lights to know for sure, and it's now been removed cos its Spring !

BOING :smile:

John the Monkey

Frivolous Cyclist
The Mars 4.0 is VERY bright compared to the Mars 3.0 though.

I'm not getting battery life as poor as the op's, but it is worth pointing out that runtimes are much less than you'd get out of the Mars 3.0.

scouserinlondon

mine's fine with rechargables in it, and I have it on constant. Lasts a few weeks.

downfader

extimus uero philosophus
gaz said:
any blackburn mars 4.0 owners experiencing low battery life?

I'm getting 5hours on flashing with 1000mAh batteries :laugh:

My rechargables are 2700mAh and last an age. Have you tried leaving the light on until the batteries are fully discharged, and I mean leave it a good few hours after the lights gone dark, then recharge.

Failing that, how are the seals on the light? If its letting water in you might have issues like the Knogs suffer.

OP
OP
gaz

gaz

Cycle Camera TV
Well after sunday it's going to be dark in the morning for a few months, so still going to need the lights then.

downfader

extimus uero philosophus
gaz said:
You can get AAA's at 2700mAh?
I discharged my batteries before charging. no difference.

Ahh sorry, the lights i use are AA (not mars, but hopefully getting one soon)..

..very odd though, as the Mars lights are supposed to be good on batteries:wacko:

Top Bottom