Blazing saddle it is!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

blazingsaddles

Got to get myself a pair of those padded lycra shorts for added comfort on my Brooks B17. At present I just use lycra without padding (ouch!).

I know diddlieswat about cycle shorts. Are there a couple of reputable makes out their? And what padding is best? I guess its all down to the individual but advice appreciated!

Thanks,

BS

Padded bib tights PLUS padded shorts in the winter makes for comfy riding and no sore bits.

Walking normally can be a problem though.

Try http://www.cycle-clothing.co.uk for some good gear.

ChrisKH

Guru
There's some cheap summer(ish) cycle shorts out there at the moment. I have just acquired a pair of Altura MTB shorts that go down to just above the knees for £20 from Evans. Very nice too.

sloe

sloe

BigonaBianchi you should meet Bigtallfatbloke - you've got soo much in common it's uncanny, only an idiot could have failed to notice the likeness this long.

Tony

All a matter of horses for ars....er, I mean courses. Everyone's bum is different, and every make suits someone and not others. I like Northwave shorts.

I wear Endura Humvee's 3/4 length MTB baggy shorts with the padded Lycra shorts that clip into them

Very Comfy

Simon

vernon

Harder than Ronnie Pickering
blazingsaddles said:
Got to get myself a pair of those padded lycra shorts for added comfort on my Brooks B17. At present I just use lycra without padding (ouch!).

I know diddlieswat about cycle shorts. Are there a couple of reputable makes out their? And what padding is best? I guess its all down to the individual but advice appreciated!

Thanks,

BS

I'm surprised that you need extra padding with your B17. I use M&S undies and budget general purpose shorts in the spring, summer and autumn. Tracksuit bottoms do furnish me with a hint of unwanted padding for the winter.

samid

Guru
Pricey but super-nice: Rapha FIXED. Very comfy, just a little bit of padding (so you can walk normally), look more or less like a piece of normal clothing, zipped rear pockets for wallet or whatever, dry very quickly.

OP
OP
blazingsaddles

blazingsaddles

vernon said:
I'm surprised that you need extra padding with your B17. I use M&S undies and budget general purpose shorts in the spring, summer and autumn. Tracksuit bottoms do furnish me with a hint of unwanted padding for the winter.

Thanks Vernon, You're right. The B17 is now broken in and normal lycra unpadded shorts with ronhill tracksters are very comfy.

Thanks for other replies.
bs

Top Bottom