Blogging

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Sandra6

Sandra6

Veteran
Thanks both.
I don't have anyone in my "circles" I haven't worked that bit of google out lol. Wonder who it was?!

Andrew_Culture

Internet Marketing bod
I've had a blog at www.lawsie.com for about a decade, I moved it to blogger in 2005 and never looked back. I post anything I think is interesting, especially if it isn't covered well elsewhere on the web. On a good month I get about 7000 unique visitors and about once a year Google give me money for running their adverts on my blog.

Best advice is to stick with it!

Noodley

A pleasure, as always :thumbsup:

hoopdriver

Guru
I've written a cycling blog for about 18 months now and enjoy it very much. It takes a great deal f work and dedication if you want to build and maintain a readership, but it is also very rewarding. Ideally you need to try to post daily, something that is not always easy to do. My cycling blog is at: www.my-bicycle-and-i.co.uk

I have another blog of sorts about me professionally - I am a writer and photographer - where I post an "Image of the Day" on www.thebigwideyonder.com

OP
OP
Sandra6

Sandra6

Veteran
I read your blog now and again Hoopdriver, it's very interesting.
I think mine is more for me, than for a "readership" though.

hoopdriver

Guru
I read your blog now and again Hoopdriver, it's very interesting.
I think mine is more for me, than for a "readership" though.
I began my blog for much the same reason - for me, so to speak, my own pleasure and to try to get back into the routine of writing something on a daily basis, something I used to do when I worked on newspapers many years ago and fell out of the habit of doing over years of writing long-term stories for magazines. I enjoyed - and still enjoy - the writing for myself, free of editor's demands, and the creative aspect. I would enjoy it even if nobody read it at all, but having a readership heightens the sense of involvement and has brought me into contact with a lot of very interesting people who I would otherwise never have 'met'.

Top Bottom