Bloody cyclists!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I came across a real darwin award cyclist yesterday (if I can call him that).

The Strand area of Chelt on the High St, is pedestrianised, and cyclists are instructed to dismount. At the East entrance to this area the towns ring road (which is double lane and one way) comes to this paved entrance and then does a 90 degree turning away from it (in the sat image). This is a busy part of the ringroad, and always a bit of a scrum to get around the corner.

I'm in the left hand lane following the traffic around the corner, and the said darwin rider (about 20-25, so old enough to know better) who is already riding illegally in the ped area of the strand come straight off the end of the pavement and cycles against the traffic right up the middle of the road between the 2 lines of vehicles ;)

After letting him know I think he is a twat I follow around the corner and he carries on riding against the traffic in the one way system :eek:

Boils my piss really because a good few who has seen him ride in such a dangerous manner now thinks that cyclists are a lawless bunch of cocks :biggrin:

OP
OP
B

Bristol Dave

http://maps.google.co.uk/?ie=UTF8&ll=51.469655,-2.548233&spn=0.00128,0.002819&t=h&z=19

It was on the bend after Syston Common/Fisher Road. He says he was pootling along as it was wet and had a comedy moment when which ever way he steered the other guys moved in the same direction.

He is okay but upset as he recently spent £200 on a major service and overhaul for his, now written off, bike. Apparently the forks are mangled and a weld on the frame has popped.

BD

Lisa21

Mooching.............
Hmmm, some of the lanes i ride on are very narrow and bendy with high hedges and loose shingle so stopping quickly at any speed would be nigh on impossible.
Im always wary of going too fast round the corners as iv a mental image of the next person to come along finding my bike in the hedge and me from the knees down protruding from a cow's arse!!!!!:blush::ohmy:

Top Bottom