Bloody wasps

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Cockney Scot

Cycling down the canal this afternoon , sundly felt a shooting pain in my right leg, looked down to see a bloody big wasp stinging me in the leg. Next thing bike is heading for a barb wire fence and I am running at about 10 mph trying to avoid hitting the ground. Bike OK, but now heading for causulty to get a 2in gash in my leg stiched. Would never have guesed a wasp could cause so much damage. Luckily I carry anticeptic in my pannier and dressings so was able to clean it straight away.

markg0vbr

Über Member
you should try getting rid of them for a living,:smile: i do twenty or so nests a week in the sumer and have lost count of the number of times i have been stung,:angry: just surveying the sight. the sods must know what i have come for, probably the worst was a nest dropped on the floor in a church porch, a dozen decided it would be a fantastic japes to fly up my trouser leg and sting everything in sight. the vicar did chuckle as i made a rapid retreat shedding clothing, what was surprising was he new all the words and Fraze's i was using.:sad:

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...
markg0vbr said:
you should try getting rid of them for a living,:sad: i do twenty or so nests a week in the sumer and have lost count of the number of times i have been stung,:smile: just surveying the sight. the sods must know what i have come for, probably the worst was a nest dropped on the floor in a church porch, a dozen decided it would be a fantastic japes to fly up my trouser leg and sting everything in sight. the vicar did chuckle as i made a rapid retreat shedding clothing, what was surprising was he new all the words and Fraze's i was using.:angry:

Tsk!
I'll have to give you lessons... :sad:

Food scientist and destroyer of wasp nests at your service!

http://www.cyclechat.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=40327

maurice

I got stung on the way home from work a couple weeks ago, the bugger went straight through my cycling shorts.

An inch to the left and I would have needed an ambulance there and then!

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...
maurice said:
I got stung on the way home from work a couple weeks ago, the bugger went straight through my cycling shorts.

An inch to the left and I would have needed an ambulance there and then!

Make sure they take away the pain but leave the swelling :blush:

soopoot

If it swells a lot, then you can ask somebody to pee on you to relieve the pain.

Top Bottom