Blue jobs, pink jobs

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Just visiting my brother and his family.
My two nieces DON'T clean the skidmarks from the toilet bowl! :smile: (s'pose that counts as a brown job!

When I had a flat and girlfriend we shared most jobs, or happily took turns.

When I had a flat I did everything sometimes :thumbsup:

Now I don't have a flat, but will soon be staying with my girlfriend (temporarily), there'll be a lot for me to do; she/her son aren't too house proud. Or I could just not interefere so as to not upset the status quo! :tongue:

tomb1960

I do the bins, mow the lawn, a fair bit of cooking, some ironing and the food shopping, but I won't have anything to do with curtains!

summerdays

Cycling in the sun
Mr summerdays typically does all the man type jobs, and a bit extra. There are some jobs he gets fed up waiting to get done, whilst I think life is too short to worry that the house isn't spotless - I would rather be out for a walk/bike ride/seeing friends, than tidy the house only to have the kids untidy it again within minutes. I do the normal wash, iron, cook jobs, and kid type things but I also clean my own bike and look after the veg plot. And I do ALL the packing when we go on holiday!

byegad

Legendary Member
That's like saying she doesn't fill the coal scuttle.

Our coal scuttle gets done by either myself or Mrs byegad, I fill it she brings it in 2/3rds full. Fair enough as she's not as strong as me (flexes muscles.......goes for lie down) Mrs byegad also irons everything, when I lived alone I ironed trousers and nothing else, it took me 3 years to stop her ironing my socks!
Most of the rest is shared, although I'm the cook, out of self defence!:thumbsup:

Arch

Married to Night Train
I do everything.

The 'joy' of being alone....

But previously, we were fairly equal, albeit I perhaps felt something like tidying needed doing before he did and maybe I cooked more often out of vested interest - I like to get a proper meal in the evening, he would be happy grazing on bread, cheese and beer. He did most of the bike tinkering, admittedly, but I hope he enjoyed that, it wasn't a chore.

laundry 40/60
washing up 70/30
grocery shopping together (aaahhhh)
cleaning 0/0 (somebody else does it)
cooking 80/20
putting out the bin liners 20/80 (for some reason I'm rubbish at this)
diy 0/0
decorating 0/0
ironing 50/50

on the other hand
earning money 35/65
working hours 50/50 (that's hours each)
glamourous travel 0/100
buying dinner 50/50

surfgurl

I see a mucky, smelly toilet.
Mr S and the male offspring see the corner of the bathroom which contains a receptacle for passing waste bodily products in the general direction of.

alecstilleyedye

nothing in moderation
Arch said:
I do everything.

The 'joy' of being alone....

But previously, we were fairly equal, albeit I perhaps felt something like tidying needed doing before he did and maybe I cooked more often out of vested interest - I like to get a proper meal in the evening, he would be happy grazing on bread, cheese and beer. He did most of the bike tinkering, admittedly, but I hope he enjoyed that, it wasn't a chore.

a very good point arch. i think mens' "untidy thermostat" is set much higher than that of the ladies, hence they think we've left the tidying for them all the time. if they just let things get a bit untidier, we'd do our bit without having to be asked.

a crap excuse, perhaps, but it's the only one that i can come up with…

Noodley

alecstilleyedye said:
a very good point arch. i think mens' "untidy thermostat" is set much higher than that of the ladies, hence they think we've left the tidying for them all the time. if they just let things get a bit untidier, we'd do our bit without having to be asked.

a crap excuse, perhaps, but it's the only one that i can come up with…

Fair point. I am fairly easy going, but will do things when I think they are important or need doing. This does not always correspond with Mrs Noodley's ideas of when to do things...sometimes I do things she thinks I should not be bothering about bit which are important to me, but mostly it relates to everyday stuff she thinks should be done "first thing". I am not a morning person, yet despite my protestations Mrs Noodley continues to think she is being left to do things...oh well. She will not leave them til later in the day...oh well, such is life.

Top Bottom