Blue tooth for your hi fi.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

derrick

The Glue that binds us together.
I bought a pair of bluetooth head phones to listen to the music on the phone, but have now decided to put bluetooth onto the HiFi, Bought a cheap one of ebay, it works but has no range 10 ft is as far as it goes, there is also interference through the headphones, Can anyone reccomend a descent bluetooth transmitter and receiver, Don't want to break the bank, But it's going onto a Naim amp so looking for something good. Who uses what, and would you reccomend one?

Drago

Legendary Member
I know most Bluetooth codecs would struggle to give true hifi quality reproduction. Think you have to spend a bot to get beyond the rather limited LDAC codec, but even then it's still a bit lossy.

OP
OP
derrick

derrick

Just set one of these up,
Avantree Oasis 50m LONG RANGE Bluetooth Transmitter Receiver
Sounds good, i can walk all around the house without any breaks in the sounds, Using optical leads for set up. So far so good.

KneesUp

Guru
This. WiFi rather than BT, but works really well for me.
But then it won't work with the OPs bluetooth headphones I presume?

MontyVeda

a short-tempered ill-controlled small-minded troll
Just set one of these up,
Avantree Oasis 50m LONG RANGE Bluetooth Transmitter Receiver
Sounds good, i can walk all around the house without any breaks in the sounds, Using optical leads for set up. So far so good.
I was looking at those a while back... what's your estimate on the actual range? eg. can you go out into the garden (if you have one).

OP
OP
derrick

derrick

I was looking at those a while back... what's your estimate on the actual range? eg. can you go out into the garden (if you have one).
Just went out into garden, Through the kitchen, then the hallway into garden, we only have a 30ft garden, but i walked down to the end with no problem. roll on the summer. Ican go up to any of the upstairs rooms, it's a nice little unit.

MontyVeda

a short-tempered ill-controlled small-minded troll
Just went out into garden, Through the kitchen, then the hallway into garden, we only have a 30ft garden, but i walked down to the end with no problem. roll on the summer. I can go up to any of the upstairs rooms, it's a nice little unit.
Thanks for that. I might give one a try... they've dropped from 50 to 40 pounds since i last looked at getting one :smile:

Top Bottom