Boardman bikes vs Decathlon bikes

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

KMKM

Anyone got any experience of what they have found better (and especially given price) for Drop down bars and Flat-Bar road bike:

• Drop down bar Road Bike
(1) Boardman Road Bikes vs Decathlon Sport road bikes

• Flat-Bar Road Bike
(2) Boardman Flat-Bar Hybrid Road bike vs Decathlon Flat-Bar Fitness Road bikes

Thanks

MacB

Lover of things that come in 3's
Not personally but both bike ranges have good reputations, I get the impression that Decathlon are better value. I think this is because the name Boardman, and the extra marketing budget, will have pushed up price a little. Whereas the Decathlon brand is considered naff by some.

I've read reports indicating people have been pleasantly surprised by the finishing kit and quality, v price, of Decathlon bikes. But nothing will beat test riding a few to have a feel.

mossy

Cycling Active mag did a review of Decathlon drop bars, in its first issue.It came top so look out the article for info.
Decathlon clothing is good value (imho).

Mick

I reckon that Decathlon is one of the last remaining true sports shops in the UK - i.e. selling good value sports kit that's actually fit-for-purpose rather than naff, replica cack of the type purveyed by most high street "sports shop" chains... this doesn't directly answer your question but (imho), Decathlon rely on word-of-mouth, end-user endorsement rather than "celebrity" endorsement and badging.

139NI

Decathlon has little street cred. i buy a lot of gear from them and you get a lot for your money.

ASC1951

Guru
139NI said:
Decathlon ..... you get a lot for your money.
I've only bought clothing and outdoor gear from them, but their own label Quechua range is excellent. No foreign holiday is complete without a visit.

Harbornite

ASC1951 said:
No foreign holiday is complete without a visit.

Blimey, didn't think people still thought of Merry Hill as a Foreign Country:laugh:

Mind you, they are a strange bunch with a language of their own in the Black Country, do you still need a passport to get in & out?:becool:

There kit is great value & the bikes have gained a good reputation & accolades.

Tough call regarding the Boardmans though - the Boardmans represent exceptional value for money.

John the Monkey

Frivolous Cyclist
Decathlon used to only do three frame sizes - excellent if you fit one of those, bad if you don't.

Boardman have switched some of their range to SRAM, which you may get along with better.

Ride them, buy the one that you love. Easy.

Garz

Squat Member
I'm on my second Decathlon bike. They're excellent VFM.

Any pics of said bike(s) MP?

OP
OP
K

KMKM

This is the one I sold last year, after converting it from drops to flat bar-

P1000526.jpg

And this is the one I bought a few weeks ago-

http://www.decathlon.co.uk/EN/rockr...co.uk/products-pictures/gd-asset_13216904.jpg

Hi,

So was this flat-bar road bike the slightly older "fitness road bikes" as decathlon call it.

Which one was it and how did you find it?

Thanks a lot

Top Bottom