Boardman bikes

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Spartacus1956

Been looking for a new bike for a while now and the Boardman range keeps coming up...
Really like the Boardman CX Team Bike....but also like the Boardman Road Team Bike....trouble is which one and to make it harder Halfords have dropped the Road bike by another £50 so a total of £250 off plus with my BC membership cheap as chips at £674 for a full carbon road bike.
The CX is still £899.10 so only £99.90 off plus BC 10% making it £809....so which one offers the best value and which one would you go for....
Cheers Spartacus

vickster

Legendary Member
Are you only riding on roads or all off?
Do you want to ride in all weather so will need proper full mudguards? Pannier rack
Is speed key or practicality?

steve50

Disenchanted Member
What vickster said, if you plan on road only either bike will do but if you fancy the odd venture off road the cx is a damn good bike, I can vouch for the quality of the roadsport that I own, a really well built bike and very nice to ride.

Cycleops

Legendary Member
I'd always say buy product not discount. The difference is only about £130 so if you buy the cheaper one you might perhaps feel an itch to get off road and you'll be kicking yourself you can't. In other words buy what you need to fulfill your cycling desires.

OP
OP
S

Spartacus1956

Hi all thanks for the feed back....I've got a very basic hybrid and Vodoo Bizango mountian bike for the real off road stuff. I just fancy a new bike and the problem is my heart was set on the CX but the road bike was properly just bit of my youth playing tricks with my mind. I had a rubbish drop handlebar bike to ride to work on many years ago and now in my 60s just wanted see what I'd missed I guess. The CX covers both things I like off road with the option to try out and bit of road stuff all be it slightly slower. So thanks for the response will look pass that beautiful looking machine tomorrow at Halfords and get the bike I really need for the job....
It's just they never drop the price of the bike you want till after you bought it:headshake:
Many thanks
Spartacus

DavidD

Hi all thanks for the feed back....I've got a very basic hybrid and Vodoo Bizango mountian bike for the real off road stuff. I just fancy a new bike and the problem is my heart was set on the CX but the road bike was properly just bit of my youth playing tricks with my mind. I had a rubbish drop handlebar bike to ride to work on many years ago and now in my 60s just wanted see what I'd missed I guess. The CX covers both things I like off road with the option to try out and bit of road stuff all be it slightly slower. So thanks for the response will look pass that beautiful looking machine tomorrow at Halfords and get the bike I really need for the job....
It's just they never drop the price of the bike you want till after you bought it:headshake:
Many thanks
Spartacus

Very curious which bike you actually bought eventually as I have just got a boardman cx team bike.

david k

Hi
I have a road bike and bought a car bike so I could ride without worrying if I take on a canal track or similar, they are a little more comfortable as you can get bigger tyres, work well in the winter

I see mine as a bit more of an all rounder than a road bike, maybe not quite as quick but definatley not slow

Top Bottom