Boardman CX

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Darcy

POB
Not sure where to post this, so I apologise if if in the wrong place.

A year ago I brought a Boarman CX through the Cycle to Work scheme, had to by from Halfords, and I think I have been poorly advised in terms of frame size. Sales guy said a small frame would be suitable, I'm 5' 2" and unfortunately it's a little too big.

The bike has sat in the garage for the last year, only ridden about 5 miles tops, so I am thinking of selling it, but not sure what a fair price would be. The bike is virtually brand new, not a mark on it.

Any advice please.

jamin100

Guru
Small in what way?
Have you tried shortening the stem to the handlebars ?

OP
OP
Darcy

Darcy

POB
Frame size is too big, I've tried shortening stem and handle bars but it still feels too big. I've just brought a Specialized Secteur Elite, frame size is 49 and it feels much more comfortable.

I love the Boardman CX, and I'm gutted it is just a little too big.

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
You have to be careful with in store boardman`s, i had to get a small road comp ordered in when i bought mine as none of the local stores stocked them and that has a 54 cm top tube.I am 5 foot 7" so i would have said it would be to large . Looking at the current sizes on the boardman site i would have expected the extra small to be about right for you which they do not even make it the CX.

OP
OP
Darcy

Darcy

POB
The mistake is made, and I have learned from it, no more Halfords. LBS gave great advice and I'm picking up my new bike on Wednedsay, LBS will also do a bike fit for free too, so I'm sure I'll have a bike I can ride this time.

I would appreciate some advice on how much I should sell my Boardman CX for, bike is like new, no marks or scratches, size small.

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
The mistake is made, and I have learned from it, no more Halfords. LBS gave great advice and I'm picking up my new bike on Wednedsay, LBS will also do a bike fit for free too, so I'm sure I'll have a bike I can ride this time.

I would appreciate some advice on how much I should sell my Boardman CX for, bike is like new, no marks or scratches, size small.
what model ? Do you want to recoup your C2W outlay which should be less than full rrp of the bike and would be about right or 80 % of rrp maybe ?
Post in the for sales section with pictures and details .
Its sounds spot on for me but i would be looking at a divorce if i bought any-more , mmmm tempting :whistle:

OP
OP
Darcy

Darcy

POB
what model ? Do you want to recoup your C2W outlay which should be less than full rrp of the bike and would be about right or 80 % of rrp maybe ?
Post in the for sales section with pictures and details .
Its sounds spot on for me but i would be looking at a divorce if i bought any-more , mmmm tempting :whistle:

Oh I wouldn't want my mistake to be the cause of your divorce!

I was thinking of selling for £650, but wanted to get some advice before advertising it. Think I'll take some photo's and put it up for sale.

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
Oh I wouldn't want my mistake to be the cause of your divorce!

I was thinking of selling for £650, but wanted to get some advice before advertising it. Think I'll take some photo's and put it up for sale.
if bought through cycle to worl scheme can you sell it yet ?

OP
OP
Darcy

Darcy

POB
Yes, I have had the bike just over a year, and I have since paid the £50 tax as my employer gifted me the bike.

Top Bottom