Boardman Hybrid Sport Replacement Tyres

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

MuelNado

Regular
Hello all, I'm looking for some advice on buying some new tyres for my Boardman Hybrid Sport (2014 I think). The original tyres, which are still on the bike are Vittoria Randonneur 32-622 (700 x 32c) and I've found those OK for what I use the bike for - Mostly road and cycle lane riding around and out of Brighton and the surrounding areas. I can buy the same tyres for about £12 each, though I'm not sure how good they are with nothing to really compare them to. I see people talking about differences in roll speed, tyres feeling heavy and then the sheer choice everywhere and I confess, I'm a little lost on which way I should go. Also do I stick with 32's or go to another size like 28's?

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Many thanks!

Cycleops

Legendary Member
If you’re happy with the Randonneurs I should stick with them, they are hardly expensive. Depends what your priorities are in a tyre. If you want ultimate puncture resistance go for Schwalbe’s Marathon in one of their flavours, but the pluses are quite heavy. Light and sporty something like Continental Grand Prix.
You're not going to notice much difference between 32s and 28s.
You can check the stats on tyres here:

https://www.bicyclerollingresistance.com/road-bike-reviews

Last edited:
OP
OP
M

MuelNado

Regular
Thank you for the advice guys! I'm pretty much set on sticking with the Randonneurs for now, only thing that's playing on my mind a little is how high the rolling resistance seems to be. Data seems to be from a while ago mind you.

vickster

Legendary Member
Thank you for the advice guys! I'm pretty much set on sticking with the Randonneurs for now, only thing that's playing on my mind a little is how high the rolling resistance seems to be. Data seems to be from a while ago mind you.
Ignore the ‘data’ if you’re perfectly happy and they suit your needs.
(The data might be old but why would it be updated if nothing about the tyre has changed?)

Top Bottom