Boardman Ltd Edition?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

aserota

Über Member
Hi all,

I have received my cyclescheme vouchers which i was originally going to use with Planet X, however now i am considering my options for a £1000 bike.

I am in the process of building up a Specialized E5, which i will be using for training, commuting and the odd race from time to time. I have been looking at a few bikes for around £1000 and have picked out the Dolan Mythos, Boardman and PX SL Pro as competitors.

As i will be unable to ride any of these models (as not stocked at LBS's) or are mail order only, i wanted any advice over the three? I currently weigh 80kg, which will be down to 72-5kg by the start of next season. I am worried about the stiffness of the PX frame, so am walking away from this.
I have owned and still own a number of Dolan bikes all of which are superb, but the reviews of the boardman just seem sublime.

Has anyone riden all three?

http://www.halfords.com/webapp/wcs/..._productId_746563_langId_-1_categoryId_165710

bad boy

Über Member
I just looked at the Dolan myself and it looks fantastic, im very tempted myself now.

Can you use your cycle scheme Voucher at Halfords as they have their own scheme ?

If they are cyclescheme.co.uk vouchers, then they have the name of the shop printed on them. If you want to buy from a different shop, you'll have to send them back to cyclescheme and get them to send new ones by return of post.

Tollers

bad boy

Über Member
Tollers said:
If they are cyclescheme.co.uk vouchers, then they have the name of the shop printed on them. If you want to buy from a different shop, you'll have to send them back to cyclescheme and get them to send new ones by return of post.

Tollers

Yes thats my understanding but cyclescheme.co.uk dont deal with Halfords, they have their own scheme I believe !?.

I would like to thank the OP as I have now found my new bike the Dolan Mythos... Velodrome sell it and accept Cyclescheme.co.uk vouchers.

SteveG

Boardman Comp

I ride a Boardman Comp 09, bought it last year as soon as it came out and a friend also bought the 08 model at the same time and got a £100 quid discount. There is very little difference between the 2, so it might be worth seeing if you can find the 09 model at a cheaper price.

Its my first road bike after being a Mountain bike person for many years and decided it was time to see more of the country at a quicker rate.

I can't praise the bikes high enough (I also have a Boardman Pro MTB), for the money nothing else comes close - the only parts I've replaced in the last year have been the brakes and the chain - all pretty normal stuff and I've done about 2000 miles on it.

A couple of words of warning, Halfords defo use there own scheme, I know that because I bought mine on a Cycle Scheme, and caused the finance department hard work as they had to register with Halfords. I also bought mine from a dedicated Bike Hut store in Brighton (only sold bikes), this has since closed down, but I think it was worth the 120 mile trip, because they knew their bikes well and set it up perfectly for me - not sure you'll get that in a normal halfords store.

Good luck.

bad boy

Über Member
Tollers said:
Ordered it yet? When does it arrive?

Tollers

Well Velodrome dont accept cyclescheme vouchers even though their website said they did so after speaking to them they have now amended the wording to describe that in fact its their own scheme and not cyclescheme.co.uk.

I have found somewhere that sells the Dolan but with a campag Veloce group with the cyclescheme.co.uk vouchers but I did want 105 to be honest.

joe mc

HI ,HERE IN IRELAND,NEW TO THE FORUM AND AFTER 23 YRS AWAY FROM RACING I'VE DECIDED TO GET BACK ON THE BIKE AND LOSE THE GUT, I'VE GOT A NEW BOARDMAN TEAM BIKE COMING ON THURSDAY THRU HALFORDS BIKE TO WORK SCHEME, CLASS IDEA ,I'M USING MY WIFES WORK NO. AND ITS WORKED (WINK WINK ) JUST WONDERING HOW THE BIKE IS RATED HERE, I GOT A CYCLIST WHO WORKS IN HALFORDS TO SET IT UP ,AS I HEARD SOME BAD REPORTS ABOUT HALFORDS AND HE SEEMS LIKE A GOOD GUY SO HERE'S HOPING....

gregster

Firstly, I don't think you can use the vouchers at Halfords as has already been said. And secondly, you may be lucky to get one of the Ltd Ed versions as they were going like hot cakes. Fortunately, I picked mine up today and am desperate to get out on it but will have to wait until I'm awke during daylight hours!!!

Spud

And secondly, you may be lucky to get one of the Ltd Ed versions as they were going like hot cakes. Fortunately, I picked mine up today and am desperate to get out on it but will have to wait until I'm awke during daylight hours!!![/QUOTE]

I pick mine up next week . Hope they ride as good as they look.

Top Bottom