Bollington Bikefest 12th Sept

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

roubaixtuesday

self serving virtue signaller
Near Macclesfield.

Is on again, sun Sept 12th.

Done it a few times, nice friendly event, run by volunteers for charity. 3 routes 20 - 72 miles.

Those elsewhere complaining the Cheshire Cat Sportive is too hilly may be in for a shock on the longer route, which is rather brutal and features some of the hardest climbs in the Peak, including Wincle Minn and Pym Chair.

https://www.bollingtonbikefest.com/

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
Looked interesting despite the beginner/up-and-coming/dedicated bull shoot descriptions but it's the British Cycling entry system so probably rules on headgear and bike types. Oh well.

OP
OP
R

roubaixtuesday

Looked interesting despite the beginner/up-and-coming/dedicated bull shoot descriptions but it's the British Cycling entry system so probably rules on headgear and bike types. Oh well.

I'll be on a very non-standard bike. I'm absolutely certain they won't be enforcing whatever any rules are on that from BC (I think the BC bit is just for admin convenience), it's just not that sort of event, more a nice people selling homemade cakes sort of vibe - there's pictures of trailerbikes on the website for instance.

No idea about headgear, probably compulsory, tends to be for most organised events.

I don’t think Lidgetts Lane will be open by then.
4093EFF0-3473-4C93-BC72-1D9AE0895967.jpeg

OP
OP
R

roubaixtuesday

Best bring your best cotton cap then

Many years ago I did the Ardèchoise (as an aside, far and away the best cycling event I've ever done by a mile, massively recommended).

Helmets were compulsory, but being French, this was liberally interpreted. One guy did it in a Rugby scrum cap.

Top Bottom