Bont Shoes - Discomfort

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Streetsahead

Hi,

So I just received my bont vaypor road shoes today. I have tried them on and the support under the arch of my foot is really uncomfortable. Has anyone experienced something similar and if so did the heat moulding process relieve some of this discomfort?

Thanks

P.S I am sceptical to heat mould them as I know this compromises the returns policy

Citius

Mine felt like planks of wood until they were moulded - they are now the most comfortable shoes ever. In my opinion, it is pointless buying Bonts unless you plan on using them to their full potential - ie heat moulding them.

Hmmm, not sure on this. I have flat-ish feet and i found the arches very uncomfortable to stand on but slightly better to cycle in.
I heat molded them twice and used the back end of a screw driver to push the arch out a bit. Things got better. The fit is now amazing after heat moulding but the arch remains a tad obtrusive. I think i will try a new insole specifically for flatter feet to see if this helps. I have read that people with completely flat feet cannot ride with Bonts without ordering flat foot beds or going custom.

How have you got on since first post?? I have Bont Vaypor + btw. Crazy stiff shoe.

Adam4868

Guru
Love my bonts and never bothered to heat mould them as they work as they are for me.Saying that was used to wearing any old cast offs as a kid so they feel like bedroom slippers to me !!

bianchi1

Guru
I have some Bont Vaypor+ which I used over the winter on the track. They were great after a couple of heat moulding and fit like a glove. When the weather warmed up I moved them to the road and found them unwearable. After about 5 miles my toes would go numb. Standing up on the pedals was torture. I considered it was the arch so invested in some insoles which added about 1 mile of comfort. I then re drilled the food bet so that I could move the cleats more forward which only helped a little.

The only conclusion I can come to is that it's the road vibration that's putting my feet to sleep. They are one stiff shoe! On the boards of the velodrome fine...Tarmac not so much.

Top Bottom