Bontrager Jones XR Tyres

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Panter

Just call me Chris...
Mountain Bike Tyreshttp://images.google.co.uk/imgres?i...&hl=en&lr=&rlz=1W1ACAW_enGB345GB345&sa=N&um=1

MBK212.group.bounty_jones-399-75.jpg

I've run these on my hardtail for two Years now and I have to say they're brilliant.
I mainly use them for XC although they've seen their share of Welsh mountains too.
They're fast rolling, grippy and predictable as well as reasonably puncture resistant, even on sharp Kent flint.
The grip is probably my favourite aspect of these tyres. Rock, flint, slate even moss doesn't seem to' phase them.
I've even used them in light snow on a steep descent, and was amazed to find that they had some stopping power even then.

The one thing they do fall over on is (pardon the pun) mud.
They skate and slide all over the place on any muddy surface, even waterlogged grass is enough to loosen their otherwise relentless grip on terra firma.
That said, I'm impressed enough with the Jones XR's that I just use different tyres for local Winter riding and swap back when things dry out or I'm riding mountainous areas.

They're a little pricey, RRP is in the region of £30.00/tyre although you can get them cheaper if you shop around.
But, if you want a top performing XC tyre, look no further.

Top Bottom