Book your Covid Vaccination: Registration web page link

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Archie_tect

De Skieven Architek... aka Penfold + Horace
Dear CCers,

If you are eligible you should be able to book your Covid vaccination at a centre near you.

Please follow this link from the gov.uk website:
https://www.nhs.uk/book-a-coronavirus-vaccination/do-you-have-an-nhs-number

A friend sent it to me and is getting his tomorrow morning, I'm too young yet!

[EDIT: I appreciate that you have to be eligible- you can use the link at any time to find out if you are as the list will be updated automatically]

Last edited:

oldwheels

Legendary Member
Were I live in Scotland you cannot book a vaccination so far as I know. You must wait to be invited.

OP
OP
Archie_tect

Archie_tect

De Skieven Architek... aka Penfold + Horace
Might be worth trying the link OW.

[At least in Scotland you know your Parliament is acting in your best interests, so it won't be long].

Electric_Andy

Heavy Metal Fan
I work for the NHS; our hospital has invited NHS employees to book a vaccination but they haven't specified if it's clinical people only (which I am not). So I shall just wait for my invitation from the GP. A colleague in nearby Exeter Hospital has been offered it, and had it, even though he is non-patient facing. I guess it's up to the individual hospital what rules they make.

midlife

Guru
Our hospital has the plan to vaccinate everybody on site including non patient facing staff. Our secretaries and other staff in our building have been vaccinated.

postman

Legendary Member
My letter arrived today at 13-30.Inviting me to book online.I had the jab yesterday Sunday .It also tells me to ignore this letter of you have had the jab,and you will be contacted about your second one when ready.

Milkfloat

An Peanut
Our hospital has the plan to vaccinate everybody on site including non patient facing staff. Our secretaries and other staff in our building have been vaccinated.
I find it weird that the individual authorities can decide who to give the vaccine too based on their own rather than following the government rules. I get that no vaccine should go to waste so it can be good to go outside of tier system at 5pm when it is as case of use it or bin it, but structural decisions like this make no sense to me.

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
I find it weird that the individual authorities can decide who to give the vaccine too based on their own rather than following the government rules. I get that no vaccine should go to waste so it can be good to go outside of tier system at 5pm when it is as case of use it or bin it, but structural decisions like this make no sense to me.
This is a long-standing structural decision, not specific to covid, although it has changed over the years which of the units which make up the NHS hold the resources and get to decide who gets what drugs when. You may consider it weird and I think this may make a lot more people realise how fragmented ("postcode lottery"?) the "National" Health Service is.

D

Deleted member 26715

Where have the other posts been moved to, please?
They have not been moved, they have been removed, at the risk of feeling the wrath of the Mods as being OT again

Top Bottom