Boot liners - any one used them?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

youngoldbloke

The older I get, the faster I used to be ...
46206x150x0_FFFFFF_L.jpg

Came across these on a Motorcycling accessories site - http://www.jsaccessories.co.uk/dsShop.aspx?shopid=8
Has anyone tried them in a pedal cycling situation? Do they keep your feet warm? Would they fit inside cycling shoes? I imagine that cold feet are even more of a problem for motorcyclists than for us.

stephec

Legendary Member
Wrap your feet in cling film before putting your socks on. :blush:

OP
OP
youngoldbloke

youngoldbloke

stephec said:
Wrap your feet in cling film before putting your socks on. :blush:

Haven't tried that - but have been 'wearing' plastic bags over thermal socks - with some degree of improvement - this approach prompted by very unpleasant cold extremities experience following splashed feet negotiating a flooded lane on a pre-Christmas ride. I do wear shoe covers but of course they let the wet and cold in from below as they have to have a cut out for your cleats. Does cling film work?

OP
OP
youngoldbloke

youngoldbloke

Here is another link to the liners as the one I gave doesn't take you to the relevant page:http://www.jsaccessories.co.uk/dsShop.aspx?shopid=8

Edit - sorry, nor does this one - they are in the thermals section. Doesn't look like anyone has any experience of them - I will go and take a look at them as soon as the weather allows ...... Also realised motorbike accessory shops are a good source of 'Buffs' or similar neckwear.

amaferanga

Veteran
Why would you need a windproof sock when you're wearing overshoes? These may be good for dry, cold days if you didn't want to wear an overshoe, but I can't see how they'd keep your feet any warmer than a pair of good socks (e.g. Woolie Boolies). If you want waterproof, boil-in-the-bag socks then get some Sealskins.

FWIW I have a pair of Northwave winter boots and even though they're 'waterproof' I wear them with overshoes to keep my feet warm and dry.

OP
OP
youngoldbloke

youngoldbloke

Layering principle? It does seem to work - I suppose I'm just too tight to spend £25+ on thermal Sealskinz. As I said, overshoes do not keep 'ordinary' cycling shoes dry from below, as they have a cut out for the cleat. Not a problem unless the road is well flooded.

Top Bottom