Boris and his vision

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

porteous

Veteran
Years ago, in Bangor, we had an elderly gentleman who used to cycle round town on a ladies 1940s sit up and beg bike while wearing a mixture of rubber fetish gear and boy scout uniform (Including the Baden Powell hat). Now that's class!

Frood42

I know where my towel is
It reads great, and that proposal in combination with the proposal of sending cars underground could make London much more pleasent.
Might happen in the next 20-30 years... and then it might have to be re-done in another 10-20 years as they couldn't get it right first time...

albion

Guru
What with cyclists only getting what they deserve, the bottom 16% in IQ get what they deserve , and his greed. (That coming at a time of long term investment abandonment and job scuttling).
Its certainly going to be one hell of a ride if he gains power via what is increasingly looking to be a nightmare vision. Third Reich here we come?

GuardTwin

I'm up for making things safer for people but I hope they separate peds and bike paths so it is obvious that people should not walk in them and sit back and look at the poorly designed ones like a bike path painted towards a lamp-post... that is like a cartoon road with a painted tunnel on the wall.

albion

Guru
Well that 'considering car free Sunday' sounds to me is that it is a cheap way to lower the massively increased illegal London diesel pollution now condemning many citizens to an early grave.

It seems sad that many non car owners Londoners have to pay for diesel with their life.

Mile195

Veteran
Well that 'considering car free Sunday' sounds to me is that it is a cheap way to lower the massively increased illegal London diesel pollution now condemning many citizens to an early grave.

It seems sad that many non car owners Londoners have to pay for diesel with their life.
Illegal, but only because the EU say so. London hasn't hit its target but has had a very good go at it. Rather than recognise that, I understand they just slapped us with a fine, thus taking money away from implementing more pollution reduction measures. Nice.

We're a city of over 7'000'000 people. I don't own a car, but I don't expect everyone else's car and its emmissions to disappear overnight. That said, if it does disappear for 1 Sunday a month, I shan't complain about it!

albion

Guru
... London hasn't hit its target but has had a very good go at it. ...
Are you sure? Methinks it is going well in reverse with 50% of new cars using diesel, something totally unsuitable for congested London.

Yet, in going for the guy who ceased the congestion charge extension scheme, did people get what they wanted ?

jarlrmai

Veteran
The lycra thing is because only hardcore cyclists cycle because the conditions are such that only the hardcore survive. If you are hardcore you are either riding a long distance or riding fast or extending the commute so you wear the gear, also you wear it cos you own it and you've sorted out your work conditions so you can wear it and get changed.

dellzeqq

pre-talced and mighty
The lycra thing is because only hardcore cyclists cycle because the conditions are such that only the hardcore survive. If you are hardcore you are either riding a long distance or riding fast or extending the commute so you wear the gear, also you wear it cos you own it and you've sorted out your work conditions so you can wear it and get changed.
blimey!

albion

Guru
Well, by some quirk of fate, Boris may be in the process of reducing car usage in London by a large amount.

The London meltdown smells cleaner to me, though I am a bit unsure if winning this particular vote was ever part of his plan.

Top Bottom