Boris Johnson's quote!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Stephen13

Regular
He said the other day on LBC that cyclists think they are far superior to drivers!

What do you reckon?

Myself I think we are but only in the fact that we are far more aware of what goes on around us.

Mad Doug Biker

Just a damaged guy.
Myself I think we are but only in the fact that we are far more aware of what goes on around us.

Particularly those who RLJ :whistle:

He said the other day on LBC that cyclists think they are far superior to drivers!

What do you reckon?

What he actually said was:

“We have got to move away from the idea that — and I am sorry to say this, you can lynch me now — that cyclists are somehow morally superior to other road users.”​
I'll give him one thing though. He said it at a hustings on cycling for the 5 mayoral candidates in London. Boris was the only one of the five that arrived on a bike.

Mad Doug Biker

Just a damaged guy.

“We have got to move away from the idea that — and I am sorry to say this, you can lynch me now — that cyclists are somehow morally superior to other road users.”​
I'll give him one thing though. He said it at a hustings on cycling for the 5 mayoral candidates in London. Boris was the only one of the five that arrived on a bike.

Did the others have punctures? :whistle:

swampyseifer

yeah I can believe that about some cyclists...you know the ones that​

RLJ (as mentioned)...
ride on pavements...
ride the wrong way down one way streets...
weave around peple crossing at a zebra...
carry something in one hand, thus making themselves less than fully in control...
etc...

But believe by doing that while on a bike its perfectly ok

defy-one

2 separate occasions - commuters with panniers lights helmet - the works , coming the wrong way up a one way road as the proper route adds at least 3 minutes to their journey!
They both looked me square in the eyes as somehow it was my fault my car was doing 30mph towards them ??????

Top Bottom