Bottom bracket cartridge recommendation

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I've just taken apart the old cup and cone bottom bracket on my OH's Townsend York hybrid. The shell is 68mm, but the spindle is a wopping 130mm. I'd like to replace it with a sealed unit cartridge if possible, and wondered if anyone knew of a square spline sealed unit approaching these dimensions (preferably not to break the bank either). I'm guessing I can use a slightly shorter spindle and re-align the front mech, but I've not done this before and don't want more fiddling than necessary as we're going off touring in a couple of weeks.

Thanks
 
OP
OP
T

Tenorman

Guru
Location
Newark-on-Trent
I've just taken apart the old cup and cone bottom bracket on my OH's Townsend York hybrid. The shell is 68mm, but the spindle is a wopping 130mm. I'd like to replace it with a sealed unit cartridge if possible, and wondered if anyone knew of a square spline sealed unit approaching these dimensions (preferably not to break the bank either). I'm guessing I can use a slightly shorter spindle and re-align the front mech, but I've not done this before and don't want more fiddling than necessary as we're going off touring in a couple of weeks.

Thanks

And then, the next place I look online I find these http://www.sjscycles.co.uk/product-...-with-Steel-Shimano-Splined-Cups-68-mm-35.htm

I guess I should look a little further before asking silly questions!!

Thanks
 
Top Bottom