Bottom Bracket width

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

IanG1

Need to change the BB in my Secteur. Got the old one out and it's marked and measures at 116mm width. Want to replace with a Shimano UN55 but nearest is a 115mm width. Presume the 0.5mm difference each side won't cause a problem except for maybe a tweak of the front mech if the chain rubs??

compo

Veteran
Shouldn't be any worry.

Need to change the BB in my Secteur. Got the old one out and it's marked and measures at 116mm width. Want to replace with a Shimano UN55 but nearest is a 115mm width. Presume the 0.5mm difference each side won't cause a problem except for maybe a tweak of the front mech if the chain rubs??
Did the same conversion last year, it will be fine.

compo

Veteran
Cheers chaps. Ordered one from wiggle as they are only £9 at the moment bargain.

That's a good price and seeing your post I thought I would get one ready for the future. I have two bikes that both use the same one but just my luck, out of stock!

OP
OP
I

IanG1

If it's a 68,115 you were after there were 7 in stock when I ordered this morning?

Brommyboy

Über Member

There are only two BB widths: 68 or 73 mm. The measurements you refer to are spindle lengths!

Top Bottom