Bottom Bracket woes

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

MrGrumpy

Huge Member
Well on my third bottom bracket on the Langster. This time major woes getting the bugger oot :smile:. Managed to get one crank off but broke my crank extracter on the second one and to make matters worse bought a new one and managed to strip the threads on the crank :sad: Looks like need to get the big guns out at work tomorrow night and pull the fecker off proper.

How long have you had the bike?
Why are you destroying BBs?
Might it be worth checking that your shell is threaded and faced straight?
Why are you breaking crank extractors? (I've never broken one in my life).
How did you strip the threads on the crank?
Are you using cheap extractors??
What is the capital of Peru?

McrJ64

That's really bad luck and so frustrating. I got just over 12 months from the standard bb in my Langster (I'd guess between 5000 and 6000 miles) before it started knocking. That was 6 months ago so I'm expecting to have to change it again this summer. I remember my LBC had problems sourcing one that was the exact same size - the big names don't do one so narrow. Good luck!

Ibbots

That's really bad luck and so frustrating. I got just over 12 months from the standard bb in my Langster (I'd guess between 5000 and 6000 miles) before it started knocking. That was 6 months ago so I'm expecting to have to change it again this summer. I remember my LBC had problems sourcing one that was the exact same size - the big names don't do one so narrow. Good luck!

just bought a Langster myself so was looking into parts for future reference - this might be handy for you:

http://outspokencycles.co.uk/bottom-brackets/Sugino103bb.html

OP
OP
MrGrumpy

MrGrumpy

Huge Member
meant to add well handy haveing a big bearing press and extracters at work makes a nightmare job a walk in the park!

Top Bottom