bottom brackets

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

reacher

is it better when re-building a bike to abandon the square taper bottom brackets and move to the new campag ultra torque ones or is their another alternative thats better , i want to re-build in campag parts for the chain set

RecordAceFromNew

Swinging Member
Generally one picks the chainset and that determines what bb you can have. Occasionally one wants to use a particular bb or spindle type, one will then have to pick specific, matching chainset, but from your question it doesn't sound like you are the latter.

PpPete

Legendary Member
IIRC Campag Ultra torque needs some special & rather expensive tools. There is nothing intrinsically wrong with square taper, but do bear in mind that Campag square taper chainsets will be designed for ISO square taper, not the more common JIS standard ones like Shimano.

OP
OP
R

reacher

ok thanks , i inadvertantly posted this same question on my other thread so apoligies for repeating it , i'v gone with the daytona chain set , my shell is 68 mm , thats very helpfull about the ISO as i nearly just bought a jls token one a few minutes ago ,
what would be the ideal BB in a campag for me on this to compliment the set up ? with out going over board on price

Top Bottom