Brake calipers - front and rear - free to £12

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

DCLane

Found in the Yorkshire hills ...
For too long I've had lots of spare brake calipers lying about. Only the first one is unused - the rest have been at some point. So if anyone would like them ...

New Campagnolo Veloce rear in silver. Unused with unused pads. £12

DSCF4563_zpsrmmzxtra.jpg

DSCF4564_zpso3uqpdhc.jpg

Campagnolo Veloce in black. BR6 37-09 on the rear and have been used. No pads. £8 the pair

DSCF4561_zpslxtynb6w.jpg

Tektro R310 front and rear in silver but … no top screw for the cable or retailing bolt in the rear one. The bolt for the front is rusty. You could swap the bits round? Free

DSCF4562_zpsyk6a5yn1.jpg

Tektro R312S front and rear calipers in black. No pads. £2

[photo to follow]

Miche Performance 510 rear caliper in black. No pads. £2

DSCF4565_zpseshhvbih.jpg

Unknown front caliper in black (has H7-402A on). No pads. £2

DSCF4566_zpssbdmtepa.jpg

All prices are collected. Postage is £3 for how many of the calipers you'd like.

Attachments

• DSCF4563_zpsrmmzxtra.jpg
    DSCF4563_zpsrmmzxtra.jpg
    52.8 KB · Views: 0
  • DSCF4564_zpso3uqpdhc.jpg
    DSCF4564_zpso3uqpdhc.jpg
    70.5 KB · Views: 0
  • DSCF4561_zpslxtynb6w.jpg
    DSCF4561_zpslxtynb6w.jpg
    35.8 KB · Views: 0
  • DSCF4562_zpsyk6a5yn1.jpg
    DSCF4562_zpsyk6a5yn1.jpg
    41.4 KB · Views: 0
  • DSCF4565_zpseshhvbih.jpg
    DSCF4565_zpseshhvbih.jpg
    42.3 KB · Views: 0
  • DSCF4566_zpssbdmtepa.jpg
    DSCF4566_zpssbdmtepa.jpg
    54.6 KB · Views: 0
  • DSCF4563_zpsrmmzxtra.jpg
    DSCF4563_zpsrmmzxtra.jpg
    52.8 KB · Views: 0
  • DSCF4564_zpso3uqpdhc.jpg
    DSCF4564_zpso3uqpdhc.jpg
    70.5 KB · Views: 0
  • DSCF4561_zpslxtynb6w.jpg
    DSCF4561_zpslxtynb6w.jpg
    35.8 KB · Views: 0
  • DSCF4562_zpsyk6a5yn1.jpg
    DSCF4562_zpsyk6a5yn1.jpg
    41.4 KB · Views: 0
  • DSCF4565_zpseshhvbih.jpg
    DSCF4565_zpseshhvbih.jpg
    42.3 KB · Views: 0
  • DSCF4566_zpssbdmtepa.jpg
    DSCF4566_zpssbdmtepa.jpg
    54.6 KB · Views: 0
OP
OP
DCLane

DCLane

Found in the Yorkshire hills ...
All of them are provisionally sold pending collection to @Tony Raynor

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Triple-drat ... I was on CC earlier but didn't spot this thread. I would definitely have had one of those pairs of callipers for my singlespeed bike project!

Please let me know if Tony decides that he doesn't want all of them.

ColinJ

Sorry @ColinJ - the only other brake calipers I've got lying around at the moment are Ultegra 6600 ones that are being kept as spares.
Oh well, never mind - I'll get searching ...

OOH! - I just spotted some of those black Veloce callipers at Merlin Cycles for only £16.50/pair*** so I ordered them. They did a special offer discount of 10% and free postage so I got them for £14.85 and that includes the brake shoes/blocks so I am happy!

(*** It's a bit annoying that a UK company's website defaults to USA/US dollars! I assume that it shows that they have a lot of customers from over there?)

ColinJ

A friend just called round and saw the old bike sitting on my turbo trainer. I told him that it is going to live there in future and I am going to ride my forthcoming singlespeed bike in its place for winter rides and general knocking about.

I mentioned the bargain Campagnolo brake callipers that I had found and ordered yesterday.

He pointed out that they would be almost as good as the now redundant brake callipers on my old bike ...

Aaaaaaaaaaargh! :wacko:

D'oh! :banghead:

FFS! :laugh:

ColinJ

The brakes are there just in case you want to stop suddenly! ^_^
I'd have to be in a right state to have to do an emergency stop on a turbo trainer! :okay:

I'll go to plan B ... The new callipers to be used on the singlespeed bike and the old ones left where they are. The worn 9-speed brake levers/shifters from the old bike to have the shifting parts removed and then just use the brake levers on the ss bike. The 10-speed levers/shifters that I bought from a fellow CycleChatter last year will be put on the old bike to convert it to 10-speed. Apart from its new TT duties, it will then also be a spare bike in case I damage my best bike just before an important ride, or it could be lent to a visitor who is my size, e.g. my nephew!

Top Bottom