brake pads

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

iLB

Hello there
just wondering if it would make sense to swap front and rear brake pads around, as front have worn faster, too avoid having to pay for new pads just yet?

Young Un

£8.99 per pair, so 17.98 for the whole bike - front and rear, and thats for Shimano Dura Ace pads - stop being tight ;)

OP
OP
iLB

iLB

Hello there
Young Un said:
£8.99 per pair, so 17.98 for the whole bike - front and rear, and thats for Shimano Dura Ace pads - stop being tight :biggrin:

alrite mr.iworkinabikeshopsocanquotepricesondemand

18 quid would be 40% of my weekly budget, hardly being tight when i need to buy mud guards this week as well

Steve Austin

The Marmalade Kid
ilovebikes said:
just wondering if it would make sense to swap front and rear brake pads around, as front have worn faster, too avoid having to pay for new pads just yet?

I wouldn't bother swapping them, but if they are worn, they'll need replacing. lots of cheapish ones on Ebay. Kool stop are great if you want a recomendation

byegad

Legendary Member
How much are you worth? A pair of pads can be had for a few pounds, I have three or four pairs in the shed with a £3.99 sticker on them. Shop around and buy one pair for the front. If they aren't much good swap them to the rear and use your old rear pads up front.

TheDoctor

Europe Endless
I tend to use these from CRC. Red ones on the front, and the free (black) pair on the rear.
To answer the original question - swapping them should be fine.

Top Bottom