Brake pads

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Basil.B

Guru
My brake pads on my Shimano 105 (5700) front brake have had it!
What are the best pads to replace them with?
Or is it best to keep to Shimano?

HLaB

Marie Attoinette Fan
Folk usually say Kool stops or Swisstops and braking performance wise they are 10 X better (especially in the wet), my self though I didn't find they lasted as long.

I am liking the lack of black brake ink in the wet since switching to Koolstop Salmons, my bike is a lot cleaner!

PpPete

Legendary Member
Finding the same with my OEM Cannondale pads on a white bike makes it look manky pretty quick.

Think i'll look for an alternative but the Swisstop ones are expensive :sad:

Anyone got experience of these? http://www.discobrakes.com/?s=0&t=2&c=52&p=283&

I got some of their triple compound pads (having previously used Dual Compound Koolstops with great success) - early indications are :thumbsup:
Can't say the same for the "carbon effect" holders. They look pants and are not as accurately made as the OEM holders. I tried to swop some pads around, and ended up having to take a file to those holders.

Tomba

I got some of their triple compound pads (having previously used Dual Compound Koolstops with great success) - early indications are :thumbsup:
Can't say the same for the "carbon effect" holders. They look pants and are not as accurately made as the OEM holders. I tried to swop some pads around, and ended up having to take a file to those holders.

Cheers Pete. I think i'll give the pads a go. Don't need the holders but thanks for the heads up :smile:

HLaB

Marie Attoinette Fan
Finding the same with my OEM Cannondale pads on a white bike makes it look manky pretty quick.

Think i'll look for an alternative but the Swisstop ones are expensive :sad:

Anyone got experience of these? http://www.discobrakes.com/?s=0&t=2&c=52&p=283&
The Swisstop one come in packs of 4, I managed to get the set I had for £18.50 (£9.25 each) a wee bit more than koolstops per set (£8.99 iirc) but not much, however I found the life of mine pants, so were are a lot more expensive :-( At the moment I'm just using cheap BBB inserts from the LBS £4.50 for 4 (£2.25 per set).

tincaman

Guru
I have used These, seem as good as Swisstops and much cheaper

55814.jpg

Top Bottom