Brand New - Thule ProRide 591 Cycle Carrier

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I'm seeling this Thule ProRide 591 cycle carrier.

Currently on sale at Halfords for £89.99 (LINKY)

I'm selling this for £79.99 including delivery with full manufacturers warranty.

thule-proride-591-locking-upright-cycle-carrier.jpg

These really are superb cycle carriers, (full details HERE)

I use two myself and I know plenty of others on here have them as well.

Payment by PayPal gift.

Cheers

Jon

NOTE: This is the current model from the Thule catalogue. It is not an obsolete older version.

Norm

Is yours a commercial operation, smokey? Having a few of them and along card payments suggests that it is.

OP
OP
smokeysmoo

smokeysmoo

Legendary Member
[QUOTE 1560648"]
They're great carriers, and I could do with another one, but you can get them cheaper online.
[/quote]

True, but not the current version AFAIK.

You can buy THIS version cheaper, but it's the old design. The current design, which mine is are £82.99 at Rutland, £89.99 at Halfords, and currently £80.00 (which includes 10% off) at Evans.

Caveat emptor

OP
OP
smokeysmoo

smokeysmoo

Legendary Member
[QUOTE 1560652"]
How is that one different? I didn't know that they'd changed the model.
[/quote]

It's clearly cosmetically different but I'm not suggesting it's functionally any different/better/worse than the current version as I genuinely don't know TBH, only stating the fact that any cheaper ones are not neccessarily a like for like comparison.

I've just spoken to Thule, (actually pronounced Tula), and I'm waiting for a call back from their techincal department to see when the current version was introduced, and I'll update if they call me.
FWIW, Thule's contact number is 01275 340404.

OP
OP
smokeysmoo

smokeysmoo

Legendary Member
[QUOTE 1560654"]
Cross posted. I've edited my post above. Happy to stand corrected if I'm wrong.
[/quote]

Yeah, cross posted too :whistle: Although Mazda are actually owned by Ford, don't know if this has any bearing at all, but hopefully Thule can clear things up.

I'm sure there must be a difference as Halfords for all their other failings do tend to be about the cheapest on these sorts of things, and I cant imagine a company with Evans buying power normally selling them for £80 as they'd sell none would they.

Update pending call back from Thule :thumbsup:

Top Bottom