Braze on adapter, would you...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Mortiroloboy

fit one that matched the rest of the groupset colour, or a black one? I have recently purchased a lovely Ribble 7005 frame in M3 Blue,:biggrin: very nice paint job. :biggrin: The only braze on adapter I could get at the time from my LBS was a silver Sh..i Shi... Shim... Shima... ShimaNO one, which quite frankly looks horrible, so I'm going to get a proper ;) one from my LBS.

My question, would you get a silver (natural alluminum) one, or a black (anodised) one?

Silver would match the rest of the groupset, but on my best bike the FD Braze on adapter is black.

What would you lot do?

Bigtwin

Assuming you are a man of purity and taste, and therefore going to get a Campy one to match the rest of the groupset, then silver is the aesthete's choice.

OP
OP
M

Mortiroloboy

Bigtwin said:
Assuming you are a man of purity and taste, and therefore going to get a Campy one to match the rest of the groupset, then silver is the aesthete's choice.

Well yes, naturally, hence my oblique reference to a 'proper' one;)

lukesdad said:
Don t matter what it looks like does it work ?...........Snobs !

Yes it does matter, the thing does its intended job, but it does not look very pretty, where the allen bolt goes through at the back the two ends don't overlap, so there is a gurt big thread on show.xx(

Silver (natural finish) it is then.

Top Bottom