Brecon Gap

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Angelfishsolo

A Velocipedian
Am off to try the Brecon Gap ride today. I am surprised by how many variations of the route there are. My mate and I are trying the one detailed in the Lonely Planet Guide first. Hope to get some photos and possibly video of the technical stuff. Will let you know how I get one (if anyone is interested lol)

OP
OP
A

Angelfishsolo

A Velocipedian
Hi all. The ride was great but spoiled by the number of off road motorcycles using the route. They are really churning up the softer sections and making some places barely ridable :sad:. Other than that I can't wait to do it again, this time in reverse :smile:

spence

Über Member
Did it yesterday and it was all perfectly ridable, there was a group of MX,s in the gully and another coming up the descent. The top section's not as good since it's been sanitised and the steps taken out but I don't think it'll be long before it's back to its best. The MX's may help in that.

Best way is to climb from Neuadd reservoirs. Much easier up and a whole lot better down.

OP
OP
A

Angelfishsolo

A Velocipedian
I did the route from Brecon and found the Gully section very bogged down. Want to do the route in reverse so I get a harder climb :smile:

Also since 2006 it has been illegal for MX bikes 4x4's etc. to use The Gap and the Police are regularly carrying out sting operations to catch illegal users.

Did it yesterday and it was all perfectly ridable, there was a group of MX,s in the gully and another coming up the descent. The top section's not as good since it's been sanitised and the steps taken out but I don't think it'll be long before it's back to its best. The MX's may help in that.

Best way is to climb from Neuadd reservoirs. Much easier up and a whole lot better down.

Top Bottom