Bristol-Bath Cycle path resurfacing & diversions

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Kiwiavenger

im a little tea pot
i have been complaining to them about that bit for months! might just have to take a differnt route for a while, the 10 miller down bath road may make a regular re-appearance for the forseeable future!

funnily enough i haven seen any signs up for it and use the route quite a lot!

i dont fancy the first diversion down easton road though! admittidly it gets you on behind the community centre but its tight with the bus depot being there!

runner

Guru
yep ...saw the signs this evening...good to even out those bumps..so a little diversion is ok by me for 2 weeks to obtain an improved surface :smile:

fatblokish

Guru
wish they'd iron out the wrinkles just east of Bitton. In fact, is this section sufficiently poor to warrant attention? If so, to whom should I report the problem?

Ta

runner

Guru
The path was poorly resurfaced some three years ago and I thought at the time all that has been done is a little top clearance and some tarmac....did very little to smooth out the surface. In fact just after Morrisons there was a long stretch that received a so called repair but the finished tarmac sections was on top of the old path thus creating bumps...I even remember that one small portion at the start of the track (Bristol side) was completely forgotten....so come on let's get it right this time!!!

Bornagaincyclist

The Path is only being resurfaced in Bristol, which managed to get funding. South Glos and BANES don't seem to be able to fund the repairs - or have the will to!
The problem is that there are a lot of cycle paths in the Bristol area that are in need of repair, but come under different local authorities with different amounts of money and different priorities. See the Bristol Cycling Campaign website for more of a rant about bad infrastructure!

runner

Guru
So we are allowed through the first part tonight...and I cannot believe it...they missed a bit...are they blind? one small section with tree roots still visible???...I hope they come back and finish this section before continuing...

Kiwiavenger

im a little tea pot
havent been down there as drove in today (cakes dont fair well on a road bike!) will have a looksie in a bit and we can report it!!! lol

Top Bottom