bromley to sheerness

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Marin Maniac

rhod6 said:
;)hi, does anyone know a safe route from bromley to sheerness. cheers

Yeah, avoid Sheerness! (only joking:biggrin:)

Panter

Just call me Chris...
As above :ohmy:

Actually I quite like cycling round Sheerness :biggrin:

Sorry, can't help too much with your route but just be aware that if you use an old map, it may only show the old A249 Sheepey crossing.
I don't know if you're aware but the new crossing is in place (which cyclists can't use) so the original route is actually quite a nice ride, being a flat, wide road.
You can still follow the old route all the way down through Bobbing and Iwade where I would guess your only option is to pick up the A2 towards Rainham/Gillingham and then there must be a better route form there.

There's also a new road system in place when you first get onto the Island but if you follow the cycle route signs, they direct you onto the old, quieter roads.

I personally nip down through Queenborough when I do a lap of the Island and take the road that runs past the back of Abbot laboratories, it avoids the main road drags although, TBH, they're not too bad anyway.

Hope someone can help with the rest of it.

ChrisKH

Guru
My brother had a girlfriend from Sheerness once. When staying over, his g/f would go to work and her sister would then get in his bed. And when she had gone to college, her mother would return home and.......

.....make the tea.

Chrisz

Über Member
ChrisKH said:
My brother had a girlfriend from Sheerness once. When staying over, his g/f would go to work and her sister would then get in his bed. And when she had gone to college, her mother would return home and.......

Sounds like fairly standard procedures for 'the island' :wacko:

It's still one of the few places in the country where when you get a divorce your ex-wife is STILL your sister ;)

Fixedwheelnut

Rough route;
Bromley, Orpington, Shoreham, West Kingsdown, Stanstead, Vigo, Trottscliffe, Birling, Leybourne, Ditton, cross medway at Aylesford, Sandling, Boxley hill, Bredhurst, Farthing, Hartlip, Newington, Little Halstow, Sheppey.

A little bit on the A20 old road but not too bad..
Alternative from Boxley is ride on through Thurnham and go up Hollingbourne Hill through Sittingbourne.

Marin Maniac

Fixedwheelnut said:
Rough route;
Bromley, Orpington, Shoreham, West Kingsdown, Stanstead, Vigo, Trottscliffe, Birling, Leybourne, Ditton, cross medway at Aylesford, Sandling, Boxley hill, Bredhurst, Farthing, Hartlip, Newington, Little Halstow, Sheppey.

A little bit on the A20 old road but not too bad..
Alternative from Boxley is ride on through Thurnham and go up Hollingbourne Hill through Sittingbourne.

Nice ride that although I wouldn't fancy riding up either of Boxley Hill or Hollingbourne Hill!

Good luck!

Top Bottom