Brompton rack

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

pwhallon

Regular
Hello,

thanks for adding me to the group.

I’ve been searching the world over for a Brompton rack for my H6L electric. I don’t need the fender, just the rack. I’ve seen aftermarket racks but would like to get the Brompton OEM part. Even a used one would be okay if in good shape.

Any help finding one would be greatly appreciated.

thanks, Paul

berlinonaut

Veteran
I’ve been searching the world over for a Brompton rack for my H6L electric. I don’t need the fender, just the rack. I’ve seen aftermarket racks but would like to get the Brompton OEM part. Even a used one would be okay if in good shape.

Any help finding one would be greatly appreciated.
Any Brompton dealer will sell you one, so your search has probably not been too intensive... On the net you can i.e. find it here: https://brilliantbikes.co.uk/50-brompton-rear-carrier-bits
As you do not even state which country you are living in thats the best help possible.
Regarding the fender: You will need a different fender for use with the rear rack than without.

OP
OP
P

pwhallon

Regular
Thanks, they didn’t come up on my searches. Probably because I’m in the USA. I didn’t know about the fender being different.

roley poley

Über Member
they are out there but rarely appear on the second hand market at a sensible price...as said above brilliant bikes is a good place to start your search... good luck

berlinonaut

Veteran
It all depends what country you're in. UK and USA is easy.
Would not agree. Brompton officially exports to more than 70 countries if I remember correctly. In all of them there should be regular dealers that will sell you bikes and parts.

Other's less so. I've never seen a used rack for sale.
I have, quite regularly. But usually they are not intersting as most of them are older models or bent or both. ;)

CEBEP

Technically yes, they do have dealers, but when you come to buy a rack they say that they don’t have them on stock yet but it will be available soon, in 6 months. At least that’s the situation here in Istanbul. So I had to order mine from SJS paying hell for shipping and import taxes. Situation was pretty much the same for all accessories, like original flashlights, tool box etc.

berlinonaut

Veteran
Surely there are "core markets" with high demand that will be served better and evolving/non core markets that may be served less quickly/intensively and probably Turkey is one of the latter. On the other hand the core markets are clearly more than just UK and US. A lot is dependent from the local importer and his personal engagement and strategy (or it used to be) - as Brompton is eliminating those more and more and takes over the country distribution themselves they are able to steer the availablility of parts and probably will do so - conciuosly or randomly.
The more as we are still in a situation where delivery chains are stretched, supply is at random and demand is higher than capacity.

CEBEP

That’s basically what ExBrit said.

Top Bottom