Brooks experts

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

bonker

Guru
I’m having a few issues with my Brooks Swallow saddle. I’ve tightened it up but It seems to rotate as I ride. Any ideas what’s going on?

Attachments

• B23BDC6E-59BC-4E43-8E2B-1A63EB09A3C0.jpeg
    B23BDC6E-59BC-4E43-8E2B-1A63EB09A3C0.jpeg
    158 KB · Views: 29

Cycleops

Legendary Member
That's very strange. I too have a swallow and had no issues when tightening it. Maybe something is loose somewhere?
Sorry I can't be of more help.

the snail

Guru
I think the nose part may not be locating properly in the cradle- I think there are two ears on the nose part that locate into the cradle. You might need to bend these back, or send it to Brooks for repair.

rogerzilla

Legendary Member
I've seen that a few times. The design is crap; the bolt rotates with the nut unless you hold it with pliers, and can twist everything with it. They look the part on some bikes and can be comfortable, but buying one is like paying new Ferrari money for a 1960s Cortina. Selle Royal must laugh like drains every time they sell one. Not that they can ship to the UK because of Brexit.

OP
OP
bonker

bonker

Guru
I also think its the tension bolt turning in the nose. I thought there would be a lug or a keyway to keep ity in postion but there isn't. I replaced the pin about two yerars ago so I'll check I assembled it all correctly and the pin I bought is right. Thanks all.

OP
OP
bonker

bonker

Guru
I think @the snail had this one right. There are 2 ears/lugs on the bit that the tension bolt goes through. These locate in the metal former that lines the leather around the nose. This had splayed out so one of the ears had slipped around. I've bent the nose part back; hopefully it will stay put. Tried to take a picture but it doesn't really show up.

Top Bottom