Brooks or similar

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
I've not seen anyone offering much more than a few pounds off a new one. I'm thinking of selling an old one and really hope the second-hand price holds up too ;)

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
@paul Kent what model are you after? Only asking because I have a couple of nice professionals I am not going to be using
WP_20150809_004.jpg

tyred

Legendary Member
I can't post a link at the moment from this this thing but there are Chinese copies of the B17 and also the B66 available from eBay for c£35. I've bought a few in the past year and would actually consider it better than the real B17! I think Gyes is the brand name and I believe that they make the Spa saddles too.

The B66 copy has the advantage of being single rail so you don't need a special clamp.

I've got two Brooks B17 saddles that I swap between my bikes.

Both were bought second hand for £35.

One is significantly more used than the other. This more used one is the most comfortable of the two, and the most comfortable saddle I have used. I can ride all day without any discomfort at all. It did take about 200 miles to get it shaped to my bottom, rather than the bottom of the previous owner, but now it is perfect. Unfortunately, I have no idea how many miles the previous owner had used it for.

The newer one is harder and stiffer. It also has much more of a shine to it and is significantly more slippery to ride. I am hoping that the shine will go and it will soften with use.

In short, buying second hand is fine, if you look at several and get the one that best suites your bottom and pocket...

J

robsa

Über Member
Wrights saddles are quite good, keep an eye on ebay for one. Ive had one for years, tend to swap it around on my bikes. Was like a brick when I acquired it ( off a junk bsa in the scrap yard) soaked it in neatsfoot oil and its been like a pair of slippers but for your bum

Rafferty

Cardiff make fine saddles. I have one, the Mercia model,and would recommend it. Copper plated rails, rivets and bag loops.

steveindenmark

Legendary Member
Charge spoon saddles always get a good write up and they are cheap.

I bought a brand new Brooks Imperial from e Bay Germany for £8. But was very fortunate, I think.

OP
OP
paul-kent

paul-kent

Aquired an old bike last week which had an unnamed seat which suits the build style slightly more
Edit* bike in pic is the one I built up, not the one acquired!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    298 KB · Views: 42
Top Bottom