Browser behavior

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I have noticed a couple of strange browser behaviors recently. These are niggles rather than anything major.

As you are planning on changing the software soon, these may correct themselves, but worth checking for (if others can recreate)

IE8 on XP.
  • May not be an issue much longer for me as migrating soon to W7 and IE9.
  • Different people use the forums differently. Me, I have my list of forums that I follow on the right of the screen and if there is anything new I will go and take a look. After reading any threads that catch my eye I will mark the forum as read and use the browser back button to return to the main page. I appreciate that others use it differently, but this is how I like to do it. YMMV and all that.
  • IE8 is good at recognizing when you return to the main page and does a refresh so that the forum just left is no longer showing on the list (unless someone has just posted)
  • After a number of visits to forums, the history on the browser gets confused, showing forums that have been visited as being the previous page, even though you know you came from the main page.
  • The simplest way to clear it is to go all the way back to my homepage (Google) and then re-enter CC.
Firefox6 on Ubuntu
  • Having got used to the behavior in IE where returning to the main page auto updates the list of forums with unread posts, this feature is painfully obvious by it's absence.
  • I appreciate that this may just be a feature of Firefox and has to be lived with.

machew

Veteran
Windows 7 and ie9. The stuff nightmares are made of. We have a phone calls from most of the companies we support having problems after installing ie9. Mostly printing problems (script errors)

Top Bottom