building a recumbent donor bikes?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

young Ed

Veteran
if/when i build a recumbent could i use for donor bikes little kiddy bikes like
0_BalanceBike.jpg

just for head set etc because they are cheap as chips?
Cheers Ed

D

Deleted member 26715

Probably but they are cheap as chips for a reason

Alan...

OP
OP
young Ed

young Ed

Veteran
or would i be better off buying them and getting them shipped to uk from atomic zombie?
Cheers Ed

OP
OP
young Ed

young Ed

Veteran
Which parts do you actually need? You might be better buying them seperately.

SJS Cycles list a bigger variety of parts than I've seen on other websites. For example: headsets
head tubes x2
bottom bracket x1
forks x2,chain set etc (stuff that is commonly available separately)
Cheers Ed

stuee147

iv used 2 old bikes i got off gumtree but any two old bike should give you the right parts but make sure the parts you want off the donor bikes are good (bearings are easy to replace and cheap so don't worry about them.
the head tubes iv just used 2 off the donor bikes and cut them down so they are the same size i already made sure the diameter was the same but then there may only be one size i don't know lol. there is a free how to bit on the atomic zombie website on how to cut them down to size.

OP
OP
young Ed

young Ed

Veteran
You started your build yet young Ed?
not yet :sad:
when the money comes in i will get a good partools BB tool and get a shimano un55 for my upright that is in need of it and then will get the atomic zombies plans and the steel etc! :biggrin:
Cheers Ed

screenman

Legendary Member
Do you know next week's lottery numbers? You are going to need them to do all the things you are going to when the money comes in.

Top Bottom