Bunnyhop Take-down: Fair, foul, or just part of cyclocross?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

The Domestique

I put it right at the beginning so you aren't locked in if you don't want to watch it all, but there are some cool crashes in other places including the POV section.

I'd love to know if you think the faster rider has right of way in a race? This was the argument after. Some said he shouldn't have to go slow to avoid a guy who dismounted or if he should be able to squeeze by.

There was a stack of room on the left, and grass means grip, so no need to shoulder charge the guy, he was just being a knob.

OP
OP
The Domestique

The Domestique

I think some of the outrage might be that there is some "bunnyhop envy." This guy can get up. I sure wish I could do it. :-)

Thanks for the video love. They are fun to do.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
I think some of the outrage might be that there is some "bunnyhop envy." This guy can get up. I sure wish I could do it. :-)

Thanks for the video love. They are fun to do.
I fancy getting one of those camera drones. There are some great descents round here that I would love to film on. I'd especially like one of those tracking drones which can automatically follow a rider. I don't have the funds for it though. One day in the future perhaps? :whistle:

goody

Veteran
No need to shoulder barge the guy. There's always someone faster than you and I hope the one who's faster than him takes him out even more spectacularly.

zizou

Veteran
Nice video, liked the soundtrack too.

I suspect the "shoulder charge" will look a bit worse and premeditated due it it being in slow motion - but to me it looks more like a lean and small bumps like that are just a part of racing. That doesnt mean i like when it happens to me though!

OP
OP
The Domestique

The Domestique

Nice video, liked the soundtrack too.

I suspect the "shoulder charge" will look a bit worse and premeditated due it it being in slow motion - but to me it looks more like a lean and small bumps like that are just a part of racing. That doesnt mean i like when it happens to me though!

Yes. Slow motion always magnifies it. In face, we all look cooler in slow motion. :smile:

Top Bottom