Burnley to Brittany

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Pjays666

Über Member
Hi all advice needed please. I am contemplating doing a charity ride from burnley in lancashire to brittany France. I am hoping to use quieter roads and tracks possibly in April/may next year. Could anyone advise regarding route planning resources, terrain and duration etc. Many thanks.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
What are you planning to do for accommodation?

Would you be happy to tackle big hills?

OP
OP
Pjays666

Pjays666

Über Member
What are you planning to do for accommodation?

Would you be happy to tackle big hills?
Possibly looking at b and b. Not too keen on lots of climbing but it is what it is. Would prefer something more undulating rather than mountains. You know me Colin I'm not built for climbing lol.

TrishE

Über Member
It's 516 miles from Burnley to Brittany including 39 miles on a ferry according to Google and the route used Sustrans cycle routes in the UK. Not having a car I always use Google with the cycling option instead of car if I'm going anywhere.

Used it last week for a trip and it seems to avoid hilly routes, and use the cycle network where it can too. :smile:

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Possibly looking at b and b. Not too keen on lots of climbing but it is what it is. Would prefer something more undulating rather than mountains. You know me Colin I'm not built for climbing lol.
Ha ha - I was going to say that if you fancied the hills then I had a very scenic route down from here to the Midlands but it goes via big West Yorkshire hills down into lots more of them in the Peak District!

It sounds like you maybe need to head down through Cheshire or head east towards the Pontefract area and then south?

OP
OP
Pjays666

Pjays666

Über Member
I will Google the route when I get back home I'm away at the moment. Surprised with distance though thought it would be more than that. Cycle routes and not too hilly sounds great.

Top Bottom