BuyaBike.co.uk

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mickle

innit
Jamis are a highly respected company in the US and Canadia whose presence in the UK has been very erratic. They stuck with steel as a frame material long after most of the other manufacturers jumped on the aluminium bandwagon which may be part of the reason that the brand has never had more than a tiny market share.

In their own words;-

Building the perfect bike is an impossible goal, but it's the only one that's worthwhile. In fact , we've been at it most of our lives. CEO and President Carine Joannou has been successfully leading and directing G. Joannou Cycle, our parent company, since taking over from her father in 1981.

What began as a modest regional distributor of imported European bicycles and parts in 1937 has grown into a national powerhouse with international distributors throughout the world. GJC is now one of the oldest, largest bicycle companies under original ownership in America.

Greg Webber, Vice President of Product Development has been with Jamis since the first Earth Cruiser rolled out in 1979 and eagerly joined Carine's winning team when GJC acquired Jamis in 1990. Their commitment, passion and leadership inspires the rest of us bike addicts at Jamis to not settle for "good enough". The whole team aims for nothing short of perfection all day, every day.

As a niche brand with limited presence and close to zero brand awareness attempting to break in to the UK market they have to keep their prices down. Now would be a good time to buy one.

gkerr4

i bought a trek pilot from them last year - they had it at a bargain price.

It wasn't very well put together I have to admit, but the guys there are friendly and helpfull and I have bought otherstuff from them like clothing and he did me a good deal on shoes / pedals (twice! - once for road shoes + SPD-SL's and again for touring shoes + SPD's!)

Top Bottom