Buycycle.com - any experiences?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

jester77

Stumbled across a website called Buycycle selling used bikes across Europe: https://buycycle.com/en-gb
Quite a slick interface and a good range of bikes available - some of the prices look keen too (not sure if used bikes in the rest of Europe tend to be cheaper than in the UK?).
Anyone any experience of this site or have purchased from it?

vickster

Legendary Member
Never heard of them but if coming from the EU to U.K. it suggests it’ll be subject to customs so add 30%+

Cycleops

Legendary Member
If you're not near them I think their delivery charge might be the killer, plus any ongoing charges.
Sounds like you trade in your existing bike , pxing it for the one you want. The amount you've agreed goes into your 'buycycle account '.

Last edited:
If you buy a bike which turns out to be broken/misdescribed, where is your comeback?

What happens if you sell a bike and it turns out the buyer used a dodgy card to pay?

What would happen to your "buycycle account" if they went bust? Is there any sort of ringfence around the money?

Sounds like a dreadful idea, and the price I'd pay is the least of my concerns.

I'd be much happier visiting in person and paying cash, even if it meant there was less choice. Here would be second preference, but you know where you are with cash.

There's a similar company near me in Derby. I've never actually visited.

It feels odd to spend such a lot on secondhand bikes. In my experience, secondhand bikes are never quite what you want.

Top Bottom