Buying online

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

MikeB18

Hi guys I am looking to buy my new bike (specialized allez 24)

I was just wondering if any of you knew how the bike is delivered, will it be ready to ride or will i have to build it?
I am buying from rutland cycling, and it doesnt say anything about it on their website.

thanks for the help
mike

rowan 46

Über Member
Most online bikes are delivered flat, supposedly you just need to turn the handlebars and tighten it up. I have found I usually need to trim the brakes and play with the gear tension as well. you'll need to put the pedals on. its not a big job and can be done with the tools supplied.

rockyraccoon

Veteran
Most online bikes are delivered flat, supposedly you just need to turn the handlebars and tighten it up. I have found I usually need to trim the brakes and play with the gear tension as well. you'll need to put the pedals on. its not a big job and can be done with the tools supplied.

+1.

I got my Allez from Evans online. No problems at all.

Give Rutland a call and ask the question, but +1 for what Rowan & Rocky say. I've bought 3 bikes from Wiggle, and each one has just needed the bars setting and the pedals fitting, I've never even had to mess with any cables tbh, and even the seat height has been almost bang on as well, (you enter your inside leg and height at time of order with Wiggle) :thumbsup:

Top Bottom