C2C St Bees to Whitby

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

thistler

Veteran
I haven't read it all yet but am thinking I would love to do that same ride!! Is is a standard route or did you make it up on your own?

What make of tent is the larger one?

The photos are great, thanks so much for posting this!

OP
OP
taximan

taximan

senex crepitu iuvenis cordi esse
I haven't read it all yet but am thinking I would love to do that same ride!! Is is a standard route or did you make it up on your own?

What make of tent is the larger one?

The photos are great, thanks so much for posting this!

Hi thistler
The route is one of our own devising and as it turned out it seemed to tick all our boxes although the Old Coach Road section wth a loaded bike was a bit of a challenge for me, It would be fantastic going the other way I think. As to the tent, I think it is made by Pro-Line, It was bought origionaly as a festival tent for my grandaughterand in my opinion, thats where it belongs. I dont know how well it would cope with rain, but I do know that condensation was a problem and it will be no great wrench to hand it back. I will be looking for something a little better if I do any similar trips in the future

DeepBurn

Über Member
Great write up with plenty of great pictures. Looked like a fantastic trip and well done for completing a life goal.

I will check out the rest of your site now too.

Sara_H

Guru
Loved the write up of your c2c, I'm going to keep your site in my favorites - we plan to do St Bees to Whitby next year, we may follow in your footsteps (tyre grooves!).

OP
OP
taximan

taximan

senex crepitu iuvenis cordi esse
Loved the write up of your c2c, I'm going to keep your site in my favorites - we plan to do St Bees to Whitby next year, we may follow in your footsteps (tyre grooves!).

Glad you enjoyed the site Sarah_H. I honestly do not think we could have picked a better route exept perhaps for the detour we made looking for breakfast on day 5. Good luck with your plans.

theloafer

Legendary Member
great pics and write up taximan just got back from our c2c wed:cheers: carlise-whitehaven-prenrith-parkhead station-sunderland then down to seaham and then home total miles was 220.40 no rain :thumbsup:

alans

black belt lounge lizard
Enjoyed reading that write up & the excellent pics..Congrats on doing the C2C.
It's an itch I've had for a while & will scratch sometime in the future.

Top Bottom