C2W and discounts

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

nappadang

Über Member
Hi all,
Are there many or even any bike retailers that will allow you to buy a discounted bike through the C2W scheme?
I seem to remember someone mentioning that Halford won't. Is this the case across the board? If anyone knows of any N/E England or national / online retailers that do, please let me know.

vickster

Legendary Member
Evans do I believe. Bit depends which scheme your employer uses, so you'd be best to contact retailers locally like Start/Westbrook (or whoever sells the bike you want). You could argue PX and Ribble sell discounted bikes, but charge a C2W fee to cover their costs

EBC don't http://www.edinburghbicycle.com/comms/site_biketowork/cyclescheme.htm

Cyclist33

Evans will let you test ride anything for a penny, will sell you any bike they've got in stock at whatever discount it's on, price-match against competitors, don't charge a handling fee, build up the bike for collection, and do all the admin - and you get a free service.

All in all they're setting the example on how to sell bikes, in my opinion.

huwsparky

Über Member
Bike shops get charged 10% for a cyclescheme order. In theory you should be able to negotiate a 10% minimum better deal not doing the scheme.

I'm wondering weather is worth it going through the scheme myself.

BSRU

A Human Being
Normally the LBS will add 10% to cover the cost of the C2W voucher, some add more but some I've heard do not add anything.

JoeyB

Go on, tilt your head!
I spoke to my accountant about the cycle to work scheme as I was thinking of setting it up at work as a way to get another bike on the cheap. He told me that we (the company) can buy the bike from anywhere...whats this voucher stuff all about?

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
Top Bottom