Cadel's off to BMC?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

rich p

ridiculous old lush
It seems he's not bound by his contract, then?
I presume his worth as world champ will have risen too!

Dave5N

Über Member
Never had much time for the tiny whiner TBH. His World champs ride though was absolutely masterful. Rather changed my opinion of him. Wish him luck with the new team - I reckon he's pretty clean as well.

Flying_Monkey

Recyclist
I agree with all of that. Mind you, he is supposed to be a thoroughly good guy outside of the sport - does a lot of work for charidee, but he doesn't like to talk about it...

And BMC have really invested heavily... Ballan, Hincapie, Burghardt (to name just three) and now Evans. Pro-Tour in 2011?

Keith Oates

Janner
As FM has said with Hincapie and the others in the teram he shoud certainly get some support in the big races. I wonder if he will keep up his long and full season of races or just try to concentrate on a few of the big ones!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hont

Guru
I think he bought himself out of his contract. I was not widely foreseen but it's not a surprise given the shocking support his team gave him at the TdF. Openly suggesting that some rookie should be team leader over a man who was less than a minute of winning on two occasions. There's loyalty for you.

Steve Austin

The Marmalade Kid
I don't like Evans, as a most of the stuff you hear about him isn't good, but i've always wondered if he had a team behind him, i mean genuinely behind him would he have achieved more.
there is no doubt he can ride a bike, but if he had just one more rider in those stages where he has lapsed would he have got there..
I think he's too old now but he might have one more year or two left, so good luck to him. I hope he gets the support he thinks he needs

Top Bottom