Cadence and Heart Rate Moniter

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Thompson

Right, what I'm after, as the title says, is a cadence and heart rate monitor. But, I don't know a thing about them. Ae there any good makes that people could suggest, I don't mind about the price as its a Christmas present off the parents and they are willing to pay for a good one! I don't want one with a GPS if possible as I won't use it.

So, yeah, any good makes or precise models etc which people think are good will be useful to hear of.

Thanks,

Thompson :smile:

Andrew_P

In between here and there
I think if you look in to the benefits of a GPS unit with HR and Cadence and the fact someone else is paying for it you would go for a Garmin Bike unit.

Take a look at some of the sites that allow you to upload your ride data via a Garmin. HR Cadnece and speed graphs are all very useful. Also with the GPS units really handy when you least expect them to be, used mine for two solid weeks on Holiday in France that alone made it worth it.

Garmin Connect or Strava or Mapmyride or Endomondo are all popular and you can upload the same ride to each site if you want to.

Rob3rt

Man or Moose!
Personal opinion, by the time you start paying enough for a HR monitor which records time in each zone and allows you to upload to a pc to review the data, you are getting toward Garmin money anyway!

Why do you want a HR monitor and Cadence sensor in particular? They are largely useless unless you know what you are doing with them!

heliphil

Guru
Garmin FR60 or 70 - gives you a footpod as well for running - you will have to get a cadence sensor as well ( but you can get them for around 20 on fleabay etc) l

Arsen Gere

Über Member
One cheap option is to separate the two, something like a cateye strada cadence does the speed/cadence thing and a separate HR monitor of your choice. I use this combination on a turbo. But use a garmin 700 on the road.

Top Bottom