cage rocket?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

zizou

Veteran
does anyone have any experience of the cage rocket? basically its a glorified bottle for storing stuff in which will fit in the bottle cage on a bike.

anyway i was wondering what the dimensions of it are and whether a mini pump would fit in alongside a spare inner tube, co2 and tyre levers. i can fit all that into an old water bottle but was hoping for a more elegant solution!

Norm

There's a review of a couple in Cycling Week last week, one of which has exactly what you want. It's, erm, "filed" in the recycling now though.

I quite like the look of this, although it's just an empty container shaped to fit the cage it's available from here for £14 and you can buy it with a CO2 kit, a hex wrench kit or both.

There's a couple of other empty bottles on this page. There's a BBB bottle on ebay for £4.45.

youngoldbloke

The older I get, the faster I used to be ...
PBK and Wiggle also do the wide screw-top bottle type - around a fiver for the the 750ml version. (the 500ml versions are too small to bother about IMO). They are fine, but awkward to use - you invariably end up having to unpack the whole lot to get the tool you need which happens to be packed at the bottom. The cage rocket looks as if it could be equally awkward (and heavier). I like the look of the Trek version though which appears as if it could be much easier to use. On balance, it is probably more sensible to get a larger/expandable saddle pack if you find you need to carry more tubes/tools and use your bottle cage for drinks bottles.

OP
OP
zizou

zizou

Veteran
thanks for the info, the trek one looks decent with it being able to open out fully.

i have a saddle bag already (actually got 3 of them in different sizes) but only the largest will fit my mini pump and its a bit too big a bag to take out for a short ride. Guess i could always attach it to the frame but with it also being a co2 pump im not sure how that will like getting wet and the possibility of getting corrosion.

LizardEye

I've had one for about six months and it's brilliant. I keep a spare tube in it, plus room for keys, and a few other things. Has a foam lining so stuff doesn't rattle. It's not flexible though and the opening is a little narrower than the maximum width so it can be a bit awkward to get things in. Very sturdy and well made.

One point though, it may not fit your cage if you have one of those fancy 'tubular' type cages - fits much better into a standard cheapo wire one.

Paid about a tenner for it but can't remember where from.

Top Bottom