calling Exposure Flare owners

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Rohloff_Brompton_Rider

Formerly just_fixed
i've never owned one, but had similar problems on lights in the past. what worked for me was using tweezers (or snipe nose pliers) was to pull the battery terminals back into position, i.e, they gone flat and lost there springiness over time. i think i've explained what i mean.

Norm

I haven't had a problem with mine, but I've only had it a couple of months and probably only used if 20-25 times. It sounds like bromptonfb's idea would work, if there are issues inside, but I've also send a light (Joystick) back to Exposure and they changed it out without question. Speak with the shop you bought it from, maybe, get it checked in case there is a problem with your unit, if it's been logged before 6 months is up your warranty is more solid.

Waspie

Über Member
Great lights aren't they.

Probably not much help, and I'm sure you've checked this, but are you threading the lens correctly? Occasionally I have to re-attach the lens if I don't quite 'catch' the thread correctly the first time.

rb58

Enigma
I've not had any problems with mine, and I've been using it a few months now. I too sometimes get the thread crossed when changing the battery (although the battery seems to go for ages between charges). My only criticism (and this is bizarre) is that I feel it may be a little too bright if riding in a group (e.g FNRttC). Brilliant for the commute though.

PpPete

Legendary Member
I followed one for some miles last night - I didnt think it was too bright for group riding, but that may just have been the angle at which it was mounted.

crumpetman

I am in need of a new rear light, does the flare fit on the seat stays ok? I have a bag in the way of the seat post so cannot use that to mount the light.

Also, does anyone know where you can get the rechargable rear light set on it's own without having to buy the front to go with it?

trio25

Über Member
Yes you can get the charger on its own. I don't think it is really designed for seatstays, I am sure someone has worked out how to mount it there though.

It's not too bright for group riding, I've followed one before. It's clearly bright without being blinding!

Top Bottom