Calpe Cycling

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

jenic

Über Member
Hi All,

I've just got back from a trip to Calpe and have made a few videos that I thought I'd share, I'll post the latest here but they're are a few more on my channel and I'm uploading a few more over the next week or so, so if they do interest you then you can subscribe to keep up to date :smile:

I've put my Strava route in the description of all the videos to help out anyone who is heading out there and wants help route planning!

Please feel free to ask me any questions about Calpe either here or on the channel and I'll do my best to help.

Thanks
Mike

View: https://youtu.be/CFf-EbRHfMA

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
I will take a look at those later. I went out to the Costa Blanca nearly every March from 2000 to 2008.

The area was changing rapidly at the time. Every year there were new roads, shops, and housing developments. I bet I will struggle to recognise some of the towns. Loved the rural riding though...

OP
OP
J

jenic

Über Member
I will take a look at those later. I went out to the Costa Blanca nearly every March from 2000 to 2008.

The area was changing rapidly at the time. Every year there were new roads, shops, and housing developments. I bet I will struggle to recognise some of the towns. Loved the rural riding though...

It's built up south of Calpe but north and in land is still very rural with the exception of the towns (Benissa/Denia etc) and along the coast.

The in land villages/towns such as Alacali, Parcent and Lliber are still lovely, quaint and old fashioned.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
It's built up south of Calpe but north and in land is still very rural with the exception of the towns (Benissa/Denia etc) and along the coast.

The in land villages/towns such as Alacali, Parcent and Lliber are still lovely, quaint and old fashioned.
I never made it quite as far as Denia, but did frequent all of the others.

The rural roads were pretty bad for my first few holidays but then a lot of EU money seemed to be spent upgrading them.

Chislenko

Veteran
There used to be a bloke who posted on here who lived thereabouts.
Would post up his rides and videos I think in the "Your Ride Today" section.

From memory he was called something along the lines of "The Weekend Report Guy"

OP
OP
J

jenic

Über Member
There used to be a bloke who posted on here who lived thereabouts.
Would post up his rides and videos I think in the "Your Ride Today" section.

From memory he was called something along the lines of "The Weekend Report Guy"

I'll go hunt for that now, cheers for the heads up!

Top Bottom