Camera shake

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mr_hippo

Living Legend & Old Fart
I video some of my rides for my own enjoyment and not to make 'whinge-umentaries' for youtube, you know the type I mean - 'That overtake was too close', 'He's on the mobile phone', 'I was riding too fast for the conditions so let's blame the motorist and not me' and other such drivel so that people can get their '15 frames per second of fame'!
I use an ATC5K and a MUVI. The problem with the ATC family is 'camera shake' and there does not seem to be a way to stop it; I know that there is now an ATC9K on the market which may go some way to address the problem.
Mrs Hippo and I were out shopping a few days ago and she asked me did I need a new mobile phone. I think in the last 12 months I have used about £3 of calls on the mobile so why do I need a new one? I told her that I did not need one but if she wanted to buy me something then a cheap, digital, compact camera would be nice! So I have now got a Panasonic Lumix DMC-F2 about £61 including card & case.
I put it in the bike to see how the video would cope and it coped wery well.
Camera shake video
The link shows the same stretch of road, the first was filmed with the ATC5K and the second was with the Panasonic Lumix.

Top Bottom