Cameras on aeroplanes

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

sheddy

Legendary Member
If you're flying with BA, I don't think you want to put anything in the hold !

Sorry, couldn't resist. Camera will be fine as hand luggage

simonali

Guru
I always fly BA and always have my camera in my hand luggage.

And sheddy's right; never put anything breakable in your checked in luggage. I've worked at an airport and you wouldn't care to see what happens to the stuff that goes off on that conveyor!

alecstilleyedye

nothing in moderation
we flew singapore airlines to australia, and noone objected to me taking photos (of the kids, out of the window) on the plane, much less carrying it in hand luggage, which thinking about it consisted of cameras, laptop etc plus a pair of clean scrunts and a toothbrush.

yenrod

Rhythm Thief said:
I want to take my Nikon with me to Bahrain next week. I've had a look on the BA website, and as far as I can see they're ok with me taking it as hand luggage. Anyone know if this is correct, or does it have to go in the hold?

Well if some terrorist sympathiser gets on and decides to 'make a statement' you could always take their pic !

gbb

Legendary Member
Have they relaxed the hand luggage restrictions yet to 2 pieces.
If not...IF you already have other hand luggage, the camera would have to go IN the other hand luggage bag.
Stansted was still 1 piece just after the new year....Its a pain when you've a laptop to carry as well :biggrin:

Melvil

alecstilleyedye said:
we flew singapore airlines to australia, and noone objected to me taking photos (of the kids, out of the window) on the plane, much less carrying it in hand luggage, which thinking about it consisted of cameras, laptop etc plus a pair of clean scrunts and a toothbrush.

Taking the paranoid view of things, what's to stop a terrorist hiding an offensive weapon in a large SLR? The mechanism is fairly complicated so it should be fairly easy to 'slip something in'?

k-dog

You'll be fine as long as your camera doesn't look like this:

o0v2w0.jpg

Keith Oates

Janner
gbb said:
Have they relaxed the hand luggage restrictions yet to 2 pieces.
If not...IF you already have other hand luggage, the camera would have to go IN the other hand luggage bag.
Stansted was still 1 piece just after the new year....Its a pain when you've a laptop to carry as well :smile:

I don't know about the UK but here in Asia most allow 1 hand baggage + a laptop!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

HJ

Cycling in Scotland
Keith Oates said:
What happened to that engine, Hairy Jock!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It landed safely enough...

Keith Oates said:
I don't know about the UK but here in Asia most allow 1 hand baggage + a laptop!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That what Asus brought out the EEE PC, so you could get it in you hand baggage...

surfgurl

It's still one item of hand luggage. I flew to Berlin in February with Mum and the lady at security in Stansted got very snooty because Mum had her small handbag and a small rucksac. Normally they let ladies of a certain age have a handbag and a small bag. But not this woman. Cue me having to stuff said handbag into rucksac while in the queue to be xray-ed, whilst holding onto my handluggage and little baggie of liquids.

Top Bottom